Custom software development done right
Our developers’ expertise spans all industries and business applications
Fluent Consultants can support your company throughout your software development journey, whether you need to outsource the entire project end-to-end or need a collaborative partner to co-develop and support your internal team.
Our process is based on best practices, our team’s collective knowledge, and decades of experience working with small to midsize companies.
- ERP and mission critical core operating systems
- E-commerce systems and targeted improvements
- CRM systems ranging in complexity from simple to intricate
- Big data management information platforms
- Commercial software for resell
Custom software is our core focus
We use our in-depth expertise to build high performance custom applications across a variety of industries, ranging in complexity from fully integrated core operating systems to commercial software for resell.
We invest heavily in the skill sets, processes and infrastructure necessary to produce successful outcomes. We staff our projects with full-time employees in our Kansas City office who collaborate as a team and create operational efficiencies that reduce timelines and overall total cost of ownership (TCO).
Our business-first approach puts your goals at the forefront of every decision we make together, from start to finish.
How it Works
We conduct a no-cost discovery meeting to better understand what’s driving your need.
We provide a rapid, effective approach to determine the core design elements for a custom software application.
Our Design Studio provides a rapid, effective approach to determine the core design elements for a custom software application. The process ensures both you and our development team have a clear vision for what the application will and won’t do, how long it will take to develop, and how much it will cost.
Deliverables may include:
- Screen Mockups are created so that end users can interact with the new design visually.
- Functional Requirements define the rules for what the system will (and sometimes will not) do.
- Process Model defines who/what triggers each process and how the organization responds to achieve the desired outcome.
- Data Model defines how the application uses data.
- Technical Architecture diagram lays out the proposed architecture for the new application.
- Cost Estimate is a detailed estimate of the time, effort and fees required to construct the application.
We ensure your custom software development is efficient and the resulting application is maintainable.
After the Design Studio, technical design takes place to ensure your custom software development is efficient and the resulting application is maintainable, scalable and extensible. Development translates the specifications created during design into code. We also test the system to verify the code works according to those specifications. At completion, acceptance testing is conducted by the client as a final check before deployment.
Deliverables can include:
- Technical design and specifications
- Use cases for end user testing
- Source code and documentation
- End user training documentation
Your system is moved to production servers and released for use.
Our work in action
Custom Software Development
How a midsize Kansas City insurer/broker created a system that saved time while improving claims risk analysis.
|480 hours||of staff time saved each week|
The newly implemented system reduces many thousands of transactions to a mouse click.
Frequently Asked Questions
What technologies do you specialize in?
Can you provide everything necessary to design, build and deploy my custom app?
We have no experience building custom apps. Where do we start?
Can you help me determine if I really need to build a custom app?
“Our new system has enabled us to grow our online sales from just 1% to over 25% of our annual revenue, significantly increasing our profitability in the process.”
– chief operating officer, national sign distributor
Are you stuck in neutral without an IT roadmap?
Let’s talk about your current IT challenges, and see how we can help.